Saxton & Stump provides legal and consulting services to all segments of the health care industry, including physicians, hospitals, health systems and long-term care facilities, as well manufacturers, retailers and service industry businesses.
The team includes experienced lawyers in health care litigation and risk mitigation, quality assurance and patient safety issues, labor and employment litigation and counseling, as well as insurance coverage and bad faith matters, many with greater than 25 years of courtroom experience. The team also includes Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Superior Court, Commonwealth Court, Court of Common Pleas and Federal Court Law Clerks. In addition, the team is comprised of 8 paralegals, each with an excess of 13 years’ experience.
Consulting content experts on our team include physicians, nurses, a psychologist, a noted health policy expert, physician reimbursement specialists and other professionals who are national clinical thought leaders, including:
- The former Executive Director for Quality Innovation of the BlueCross BlueShield Association of America and former Executive Vice President of the NCQA
- A practicing OB/GYN M.D. who is a former President of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- An obstetrician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital who is the Immediate Past Chief of Obstetrics and Associate Professor of Obstetrics/Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School
- A Medical Director of the Medical University of South Carolina Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- A former Vice President of Clinical Market Development for Capital BlueCross BlueShield Association of America
- A former CMO of an Academic Medical Center
- A former Assistant Administrator and Director of Nursing who is also a Ph.D. in psychology
- A Cardiothoracic Surgeon with experience in surgical quality and corporate negligence
- A Psychologist with a national focus on physician health
- A Behavioral Economist and Financial Analyst
- Registered Nurses and Quality Managers
Our firm has embraced an innovative model which integrates lawyers with physicians and nurses in both the litigation and mitigation teams. This allows the team to truly understand not only health care delivery issues but also the unique setting and policy issues surrounding the patient’s care. This combination provides an aggressive, yet thoughtful defense and mitigation strategy. Our clients include health systems, physician practices, physician organizations, MPL insurers, long-term care facilities and captive insurance companies.
Our team represents clients at all trial and appellate levels in addition to administrative proceedings. The team has also developed tools and strategies to reduce both the potential of litigation, as well as the severity of a claim. We have assisted thousands of health care professionals across the country to mitigate liability risk exposure by implementing early intervention strategies, disclosure policies and training, proactive interactive documentation, diagnostic clinical risk and enhanced patient experience tools. The philosophy is that litigation and mitigation can and should be addressed together.