Healthcare Litigation and Mitigation
Our attorneys possess decades of experience defending claims in state and federal courts. This understanding provides extensive knowledge of and experience with the bench, juries, and opposing counsel in Pennsylvania. Our team has developed proven tools and strategies to reduce both the ultimate outcome as well as the potential severity of a claim. We consistently provide our clients with thoughtful, aggressive, and effective representation.
Becoming the target of a malpractice claim can be a devastating experience. It is an emotional, anxious time. The Saxton & Stump Healthcare Litigation and Mitigation Group works with clients to ease their emotional stress during the claim process.
Physicians and Risk Consultants
The Saxton & Stump team employs an indispensable group of in-house subject matter experts with decades of experience in high-risk specialties, corporate negligence claims, and health policy. Our group includes consultants with backgrounds in nursing, patient safety and infection control.
- Past Chief of Obstetrics at Brigham & Women’s Hospital with over three decades of experience in OB-GYN. Also served as an Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School.
- Past President of ACOG, an organization dedicated to the advancement of women’s health. Currently serves as President of Medical Staff for a regional health care system.
- Fellow of the Society of Healthcare Epidemiologists of America, member of the Infectious Disease Society of America, and currently an Associate Professor of Medicine.
- Professor of Surgery who has performed over 7,000 bariatric and advanced foregut procedures. Practices in a university hospital which is a resource for complex and complicated referrals from the region.
- Chief Medical Officer who was responsible for quality, patient satisfaction, and utilization management. This physician has expertise in implementation in healthcare management and quality initiatives.
- Emergency Medicine physician who serves as an Assistant Director of the Department of Emergency Medicine for the largest healthcare provider in Maryland and the Washington, D.C. region.
- Former Executive Vice President of NCQA and President and Chairman of the Board of the American Geriatrics Society.
- Cardiothoracic surgeon with over two decades of active clinical practice and extensive experience in healthcare reform, quality assurance, and medical liability matters.
- Former Patient Safety Program Manager for one of the nation’s top academic health science centers. This healthcare professional is a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Risk Manager who developed and maintained risk management, performance improvement, and patient safety programs. Also a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality.
Bolstering the Practice
Honorable Lawrence F. Stengel (Ret.) served as a State and federal judge for 28 years. Throughout his career, he presided over a number of jury and non-jury trials. Additionally, he has decided hundreds of summary judgment motions and helped parties reach a settlement.
Judge Stengel’s experience from the bench is invaluable to our clients facing litigation. Utilizing his unique experience, he is able to examine and strengthen arguments for trial.
Trial Technology Team
Our clients have access to highly experienced trial technology professionals who possess over four decades of combined national and international experience and have worked on well over 500 trials across the country. Our trial technology professionals help to determine the best way to prepare and display critical evidence and exhibits through trial technology. Our use of technology allows our attorneys to distill complex issues to facilitate the understanding of the judge and jury.
The team includes software developers, artificial intelligence experts, quality assurance engineers, and videographers. These individuals, in partnership with SE Healthcare, develop and maintain software that focuses on risk mitigation and provides scientifically-supported platforms to foster clinical changes in an effort to prevent adverse events.
Healthcare Litigation and Mitigation PROFESSIONALS
- James W. Saxton, Esq.
- Christopher A. Stump, Esq.
- Michael D. Pipa, Esq.
- B. Craig Black, Esq.
- Steven D. Costello, Esq.
- Matthew W. Rappleye, Esq.
- Shaun J. Mumford, Esq.
- Collin T. Keyser, Esq.
- Darlene K. King, Esq.
- Brandon R. Conrad, Esq.
- Jennifer S. Snyder, Esq.
- Luke T. Weber, Esq.
- Emina M. Henne, Esq.
- Erin M. Redding, Esq.
- Harlan W. Glasser, Esq.
- Carrie E. Evans, Esq.
- Amy L. Blackmore, Esq.
- Marcus W. Shand, Esq.
- Paolo R. Shipman, Esq.
- Katy S. Landis, Esq.
- Stephen J. Fleury, Jr., Esq.
- Morgan S. Hays, Esq.
- Pamela L. Boger
- Melissa S. Funk
- C. Andrea Gadd, Pa.C.P.
- Brynn K. Libor
- Erika L. Montgomery
- Dira Mejia
- Kathleen H. Moyer
- Cheryl A. Portner
- Linda L. Reidenbaugh
- Karin E. Rossi
- Karen Sherman
- Grace A. Shoemaker
For more information on Healthcare Litigation and Mitigation
Contact James W. Saxton, Esq. at:
717.556.1001 or email@example.com,
or fill out the form below
The information that you enter in this form is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Please do NOT include confidential information in your response.
STAY IN TOUCH
Stay informed with firm updates, legal news, and industry resources sent directly to your inbox.