Regulatory and Government Affairs
Saxton & Stump recognizes that the government and state agencies have an impact on every industry sector in our economy and that laws and regulations impact the bottom lines, and can even determine the future, for businesses and organizations. Our Regulatory and Government Affairs team empowers clients to shape decisions to gain a competitive edge. We provide timely and relevant information and the ability to identify and access government officials about proposed regulations and legislation that affect their businesses.
We work with clients in the public and private sectors by connecting them with decision makers and helping them navigate the complex government infrastructure and regulatory agencies to meet their goals. Our team leverages our long-standing relationships to influence policy as well as gain support for government funding to benefit industries, businesses, non-profit organizations and interest groups across Pennsylvania.
Kathleen Duffy Bruder’s experience in the legislative and executive branches combined with the depth of governmental experience of Hon. Lawrence F. Stengel (Ret.) and Hon. Robert A. Graci (Ret.) at the state and federal levels, brings a unique balance of resources and provides valuable perspective to the clients we serve.
Government Affairs Strategy
Our attorneys and government relations professionals advise clients on effective government affairs strategy to further their business objectives and directly advocate client interests by:
- Monitoring and analyzing new legislation, regulations and enforcement policies
- Preparing written comments in response to proposed rules and regulations
- Representing clients seeking economic development and stimulus funding
- Arranging meetings with key decision makers in all branches of government
- Negotiating public/private partnerships
- Representing developers in negotiation of public infrastructure investments
- Assisted numerous clients across all industries to obtain approval and waivers from Gov. Tom Wolf’s shutdown orders amid the COVID-19 pandemic and operate in a safe manner in cooperation with law enforcement
- Worked with clients to achieve state funding for economic development initiatives – awards from nearly $750,000 to over $2 million dollars for specific projects
- Regularly lobby and navigate Pennsylvania regulatory agencies on behalf of clients
- Advised a statewide industry organization on the effect of proposed legislation and prepared revised statutory language that was passed into law
- Testify before legislative committees on proposed legislation
- Represented governmental agency and governmental officials in investigative proceedings
- Changed Pennsylvania law by successfully defending a funeral home against disciplinary charges alleging the illegal service of food
- Successfully opposed legislation that would implement a nuclear bailout tax on Pennsylvania taxpayers
- Obtained a cease and desist order, which shut down an unlicensed online cremation marketer
- Successfully represented funeral homes, cemeteries, and crematories in a challenge to the constitutionality of the Pennsylvania Funeral Director Law
- Testified before the Pennsylvania General Assembly regarding cemetery access legislation
- Represent clients before leadership and legislative committees in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives and Senate of Pennsylvania
- Work with the Office of the Governor and the Governor’s Office of General Counsel
- Represented individuals and entities before state regulatory agencies including:
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board
- Pennsylvania Department of State
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry
- Pennsylvania Banking Department
- Department of Revenue
- Department of Transportation
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Department of General Services
- Department of Health
Access To A Full-Service Team
When partnering with us, you partner with a team of lawyers who are recognized leaders in their fields. Saxton & Stump is a multi-disciplinary law firm, which allows our Regulatory and Government Affairs clients to leverage attorneys and consultants who are well-versed in their respective focus areas.
Regulatory and Government Affairs Professionals
- Kathleen Duffy Bruder, Esq.
- Hon. Lawrence F. Stengel (Ret.)
- Hon. Robert A. Graci (Ret.)
- Jason G. Benion, Esq.
- Anthony J. Foschi, Esq.
- Erik M. Hume, Esq.
- Andrew J. Reilly, Esq.
- Stephen J. Matzura, Esq.
- Kenneth J. McDermott, Esq.
- Kathy L. Pape, Esq.
- Carson B. Morris, Esq.
- John P. McBlain, Esq.
- Sarah P. Holloway, Esq.
- C. Andrea Gadd
- Amanda W. McClellan
For more information on Regulatory and Government Affairs
Contact Kathleen Duffy Bruder, Esq. at: 717.941.1212 or [email protected], or fill out the form below
The information that you enter in this form is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Please do NOT include confidential information in your response.
Stay In Touch
Stay informed with firm updates, legal news, and industry resources sent directly to your inbox.