Senior Care Services
Together with our lawyers, a team of physicians, nurses, a psychologist, a noted health policy expert, a licensed nursing home administrator, physician reimbursement specialists, and other professionals, we understand the post-acute and long-term care industries. We work with you to assemble an innovative mitigation team customized to your business needs and, when necessary, defend your facility against any professional or general liability claims.
Who We Represent
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs)
- Post-acute care facilities
- Long-term care facilities
- Long-term acute care facilities
- Rehabilitation centers
- Personal care homes and assisted living residences
- Home healthcare providers
- Physicians, medical directors
- Nurses, CNAs, and advanced practice providers
Our team offers a variety of litigation, mitigation, corporate, and transactional needs in the Long-Term and Post-Acute Care industries. Some of which include:
- Regulatory and licensure matters
- Survey and enforcement appeals
- Admission agreements
- Fair housing compliance
- Medical professional and general liability litigation
- Risk management strategies
- Policy and procedure auditing and development
- Insurance counseling
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Health care construction
- Labor and employment and all other corporate matters (contracts, other business agreements, etc.)
We also have significant experience counseling clients on compliance and regulatory matters and assisting clients with managing investigations from various agencies including:
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- Pennsylvania Department of Aging
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Commonwealth of PA Office of Attorney General
The Business and Corporate Group provides experienced counsel for all aspects of operations and organizational planning, governance, and ownership issues affecting these facilities. This includes experience in drafting and negotiating the contracts that facilities have with their suppliers, residents, service providers, and other business partners as well as serving as trusted advisors to owners and their executive management teams when considering or undertaking significant transactions in a facility’s life such as facility purchases, sales, and joint ventures. Our attorneys and consultants bring a 360 view of experience and skill to guide our facility clients through due diligence, drafting, negotiation, and closing. While we are focused on skillful front-end planning and documentation to minimize future disputes, we understand that disputes can still arise and are equipped with unparalleled dispute resolution and litigation professionals who can seamlessly advocate on our clients’ behalf through a negotiated settlement or trial verdict.
Our Construction Group is ASHE certified. As a result, we are uniquely qualified to work with and advise the industry in all aspects of building or renovation projects including contract review, risk management, dispute resolution, and litigation.
Our Labor and Employment Group has extensive experience representing post-acute and long-term care groups with respect to issues that may arise in their workplaces. We recognize the specific needs that may arise with respect to your employees and are able to proactively counsel your organization to mitigate risk. However, in the unfortunate circumstance that you are faced with litigation, we are prepared to aggressively and successfully defend your interests throughout the process.
Senior Care Services Professionals
- Collin T. Keyser, Esq., Chair
- Tanya Daniels Harris, Esq.
- Darlene K. King. Esq.
- Steven D. Costello, Esq.
- Michael D. Pipa, Esq.
- Richard L. Hackman, Esq.
- Ronald H. Pollock, Esq.
- Kimberly A. Selemba, Esq.
- Amy L. Blackmore, Esq.
- Stephen J. Fleury, Jr., Esq.
- Chelsea D. Bashi, Esq.
- Abigail Z. Wenger, Esq.
- C. Lynn Swisher, PhD, MBA, RN, NHA, CHCQM, FAIHQ
- Barbara A. Yarrish
- Jack R. Lynch
Senior Care Services Media Library
For more information on Senior Care Services
Contact Collin Keyser, Esq. at:
717.556.1009 or [email protected],
or fill out the form below
The information that you enter in this form is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Please do NOT include confidential information in your response.
Stay In Touch
Stay informed with firm updates, legal news, and industry resources sent directly to your inbox.