White Collar Defense
Saxton & Stump’s White Collar Defense team counsels institutional and individual clients in all aspects of criminal and administrative investigations. We bring a wealth of experience and insight to every engagement whether responding to subpoenas and search warrants, preparing for interviews and testimony, or negotiating non-prosecution, deferred prosecution, or plea agreements.
Protecting our clients’ unique interests in often complex, high-stakes circumstances requires collaboration and our White Collar team works closely with our Internal Investigations practice. We are equipped to address the wide-ranging implications of allegations of misconduct, both within institutions and from external factors. When litigation is necessary, we bring tenacity, creativity and years of experience and success to the court room. We have successfully counseled clients before all levels of government, including federal agencies and regulators, the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General (OAG), district attorney offices, and state-level agencies in the areas of labor, banking and finance, and the environment.
The White Collar Defense group is led by Carson B. Morris, Esq. Carson most recently served as a Deputy Attorney General in Attorney General Josh Shapiro’s administration, where he played an integral role in some of the OAG’s most complex and high-profile cases. Prior to his tenure at the OAG, Carson practiced with distinguished Philadelphia-based criminal defense firms and oversaw an array of criminal and regulatory matters in federal and state trial and appellate courts. Additionally, our team includes two former judges, including former Chief Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Hon. Lawrence F. Stengel, (Ret.), who brings 28 years of experience on both the state and Federal bench. Our White Collar Defense team also includes attorneys with significant courtroom experience as prosecutors, public defenders, and litigators at renowned law firms throughout the country.
Litigation and Investigations
Our attorneys advise clients on their rights and obligations under Federal and state law and provide counsel on various regulatory compliance issues, including those involving:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Federal securities laws and regulations
- The False Claims Act (FCA)
- Healthcare fraud
- Bank fraud
- Insurance fraud
- Corporate Integrity Agreements
- Trade secret litigation
- Data breach and privacy violations
- Antitrust violations
- Tax crimes
- Environmental law violations
- Consumer/commercial fraud
- Public corruption
- Money laundering
We are experienced with helping clients to understand and effectively navigate the complexities of the state and Federal judicial system and government regulatory authorities including, but not limited to:
- U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General (OAG)
- PA State Police
- Local law enforcement
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Financial industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- PA Department of Banking and Securities (DoBS)
- U.S. Equal Employment Commission (EEOC)
- U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS)
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- PA Department of Health (DOH)
- PA Department of Labor & Industry (DLI)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- National Labor Review Board (NLRB)
- Bureau of Professional & Occupational Affairs (BPOA)
Environmental and Utilities
- Public Utility Commission (PUC)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- PA Department of Agriculture
- PA Department of Environmental Protection
- Professional licensing boards
- Small Business Administration
- PA Gaming Commission
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- PA Emergency Management Agency (PEMA)
When partnering with us, you partner with a team of lawyers who are recognized leaders in their fields. Saxton & Stump is a multi-disciplinary law firm, which allows our White Collar Defense clients to leverage attorneys and consultants who are well-versed in their respective focus areas.
As the regulatory environment becomes more complex, we focus on creating defense strategies that avoid prosecution and provide the best possible outcomes for our clients. Our White Collar Defense team works closely with our Internal Investigations team to conduct detailed, objective, and confidential investigations. We also assist clients with the design, audit, and implementation of corporate compliance programs to minimize future legal risks.
Our risk mitigation team of attorneys and professionals bring industry knowledge to counsel clients before action is taken, limiting risk and negative repercussions. In addition to our in-house resources, we have worked with current and former law enforcement investigators, current and former government officials, and nationally recognized experts in their respective fields.
White Collar Defense Professionals
- Carson B. Morris, Esq.
- William C. Costopoulos, Esq.
- Hon. Lawrence F. Stengel (Ret.)
- Hon. Robert A. Graci (Ret.)
- Emily M. Bell, Esq.
- Carrie E. Evans, Esq.
- Katy S. Landis, Esq.
- Stephen J. Fleury, Jr., Esq.
- Jennifer S. Snyder, Esq.
- Kiandra D. Steffy, Esq.
- Jaskirat K. Chhatwal, Esq.
- Lance D. Greene, Esq.
- Andrea Gadd, Pa.C.P
For more information on White Collar Defense
Contact Carson Morris at:
717.556.1072 or [email protected],
or fill out the form below
The information that you enter in this form is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Please do NOT include confidential information in your response.
Stay In Touch
Stay informed with firm updates, legal news, and industry resources sent directly to your inbox.