Luke T. Weber, Esq.
Luke is a trial litigator who devotes the majority of his practice to representing doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare professionals against medical malpractice claims. During his career, Luke has been involved in defending well over 100 cases. He has litigated cases in over a dozen counties and in federal court.
In addition to medical malpractice litigation, Luke has also been involved in products liability cases and various personal injury matters. As a member of the Appellate and Post-Trial Advocacy Group, Luke has experience defending clients as an appellate advocate. He also has been involved in obtaining favorable outcomes in numerous confidential mediations and arbitrations.
Before joining Saxton & Stump, Luke was an Associate in the Healthcare Litigation group at Stevens & Lee.
Prior to private practice, Luke served as a law clerk to the Hon. Robert “Robin” Simpson, Jr., (Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court). Luke also served in the chambers of Hon. Christopher C. Conner, (U.S.D.C. Middle District of Pennsylvania) and Hon. J. Michael Eakin (Pennsylvania Supreme Court) during law school.
At the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, Luke was a member of the National Trial Advocacy Team and was a Senior Editor on the Penn State Law Review. He also participated as an advocate in the school’s medical-legal colloquium with the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, J.D., 2011
Widener University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2008
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Lancaster Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
American Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Lancaster Young Professionals
Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority, Pennsylvania Patient Safety Summit, Responding to Error, April 2018
Super Lawyers – Pennsylvania Rising Stars – 2017, 2018, 2019
Representative litigation of his practice includes:
- Defense verdict in Berks County as lead trial counsel in a case involving alleged malpractice in performing a da Vinci robot-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy. The litigation also included claims asserted against the manufacturer of the robotic surgical platform.
- Defense verdict in Berks County as second chair to Attorney Steve Costello in a medical malpractice case involving alleged delayed diagnosis of bacterial meningitis in an infant resulting the permanent brain damage and neural hearing loss.
- Defense verdict in Dauphin County as second chair to Attorney Steve Costello in a wrongful death suit involving the alleged delayed diagnosis of leukemia in a young girl. The high exposure matter included a series of cross-claims and adversarial settling defendants. All claims against our clients were successfully defended.
- Appeal granted by Pennsylvania Superior Court and reversal obtained with Attorney Matt Rappleye in a matter involving a trial court decision to strike a non pros judgment entered in favor of our clients. Because of the Superior Court decision, this litigation was dismissed prior to the parties conducting any discovery.
- Defense verdict in Luzerne County as second chair to Attorney Craig Black in a medical malpractice case involving alleged failure to diagnosis spinal compression resulting in paralysis.
STAY IN TOUCH
Stay informed with firm updates, legal news, and industry resources sent directly to your inbox.
280 Granite Run Drive, Suite 300
Lancaster, PA 17601
Phone: (717) 556-1000
Fax: (717) 441-3810
4250 Crums Mill Road, Suite 201
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Phone: (717) 216-5505
Fax: (717) 547-1900
100 Deerfield Lane, Suite 240
Malvern, PA 19355
Phone: (484) 328-8500
Fax: (484) 713-52410