Stephen J. Fleury, Jr., Esq.
Stephen J. Fleury, Jr., Esq. focuses his practice on labor and employment law, post-acute & long-term care, and healthcare litigation. He represents employers and insurers in state and federal courts with claims pertaining to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Fair Labor Standards Act. Steve has also represented clients before the Department of Labor and Industry in matters involving workers’ compensation and unemployment benefits.
Most recently, Steve was an Associate in the Employment practice group at a Lancaster-based law firm. During this time, Steve presented to several industry groups on topics involving the aging workforce and the intersection between sometimes overlapping employment statutes.
Steve started his legal career as Assistant Defender at the Defender Association of Philadelphia. He was assigned to the Major Trial Unit where he represented clients from charging through trial and, when necessary, sentencing. During his time with the Defender Association, Steve tried over 100 cases to verdict.
Steve graduated from the Dickinson School of Law. While in law school, Steve served as Articles Editor and Iqbal Symposium Coordinator for the Penn State Law Review. He was a recipient of the annual Editor-in-Chief’s Award
Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, J.D., 2010
Dickinson College, B.A., cum laude, 2005
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Lancaster Bar Association
The Chester County Chamber
Leadership Lancaster Class of 2018 Alumnus
ABC Keystone, Navigating the Top Legal Issues Facing HR Professionals, December 2018
- Tried over 100 cases to verdict
- Represented clients before the Department of Labor and Industry in matters involving workers’ compensation and unemployment benefits
- Represents corporate clients in matters involving the FMLA; ADA; FLSA; and other federal, state, and local employment laws
- Performs internal investigations concerning allegations of hostile work environment, discrimination, and sexual harassment
- Represents clients in OSHA investigations
- Defends major health systems against claims ranging from complications at birth to adverse surgical outcomes
- Defends continuing care communities against claims involving allegations of resident neglect
STAY IN TOUCH
Stay informed with firm updates, legal news, and industry resources sent directly to your inbox.
280 Granite Run Drive, Suite 300
Lancaster, PA 17601
Phone: (717) 556-1000
Fax: (717) 441-3810
4250 Crums Mill Road, Suite 201
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Phone: (717) 216-5505
Fax: (717) 547-1900
100 Deerfield Lane, Suite 240
Malvern, PA 19355
Phone: (484) 328-8500
Fax: (484) 713-52410