If you are a commercial transportation owner or operator who has been involved in an accident, call our Emergency Response team at (717) 385-9636 or (267) 334-6909 to speak with an attorney immediately.
Saxton & Stump’s Trucking and Commercial Transportation attorneys understand that this industry is essential and arguably the backbone for many other major industries. When it comes to legal matters that impact your business, you need a trusted legal advisor who understands your business, industry and strategic goals. We are familiar with the insurance and financial responsibility requirements of transportation and logistics companies and their insurers. Our team represents motor carriers, insurance carriers, manufacturers, shippers, freight forwarders, owner operators, intermodal carriers and transportation brokers on transactions, litigation, regulatory compliance, labor and employment and accident investigations.
We stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the trucking industry and proudly serve as general counsel and board members to the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association. Our attorneys are dedicated to educating business owners and operators on legal matters and regulatory changes that impact them and provide strategic solutions to help them reach their business goals. Industry and professional associations routinely seek out our attorneys to speak at their events to educate their members on the latest legal trends that affect the trucking industry. In August 2022, the Carlisle, Pa.-based boutique transportation law firm Marcello & Kivisto joined us, increasing the depth and experience of the group.
Regulatory, Transactional and Licensing
Our attorneys understand the complex and ever-changing regulations impacting the transportation industry and support clients on matters including:
- Transportation contract reviews and negotiations
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs)
- Pennsylvania Intrastate Motor Carrier Safety Requirements
- Driver qualification and hiring practices
- Hours of service regulations, audits and violations
- Independent owner operator vs. employee driver matters
- Permitting and permit violations
- Safety compliance and safety audits
- Independent owner operator agreements
- Equipment lease and purchase agreements
- Facility lease and purchase agreements
- Labor and employment issues