Amy L. Blackmore, Esq.
Amy focuses her practice in healthcare litigation, representing doctors, hospitals, nurses, long-term care facilities, and post-acute care facilities. She also has experience at successfully arbitrating and trying medical malpractice cases. In the best interest of her clients, Amy heavily invests her time by intently prepping them for depositions and trial. Amy excels at taking on the firm’s most complex cases in the evidentiary, motion practice drafting, and arguing stages.
Amy has practiced for several years in the Philadelphia, Chester, and Berks counties gaining familiarity with the judges and their procedures.
Amy has been awarded with many prestigious awards, including being recognized in 2016 as a Lehigh Valley Legal Leader as published in Lehigh Valley Magazine. In law school, she was recognized for Outstanding Oral Advocacy in Trial Advocacy and was a Barrister Award Winner.
Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2008
Muhlenberg College, B.A., summa cum laude, 2005
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Documentation Errors, Deficiencies and Medical Malpractice Claims: Avoiding Claims by Effective Documentation, Co-presenter, St. Joseph Medical Center Leadership Retreat, November 2013
How to Properly Prepare For and Give a Deposition in a Professional Liability Case, Co-presenter Visiting Nurse Association, May 2013
Pennsylvania Bad Faith Litigation, Continuing Education Class, Allentown, PA, December 2012
Navigating Magisterial Proceedings, Continuing Education Class, Allentown, PA, September 2011
Pennsylvania’s Photo I.D. Law: A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing?, Lehigh Valley Woman, August/September 2012
Learn Something from Lindsay Lohan in Courtroom Etiquette, Lehigh Valley Legal Blog, May 2011
Lehigh Valley Bar Bell & Fitness, Chairman
- Tried defense verdict in favor of seven physicians in Berks County in complicated matter involving alleged failure to timely diagnose patient with a brain abscess. After a two week trial, the jury returned a unanimous verdict in favor of the physicians after merely 1 hour of deliberation
- Tried defense verdict in Lehigh County in matter involving alleged off-label use of medication to treat HPV allegedly causing patient permanent nerve damage
- Obtained voluntary dismissal and judgment in favor the defendant physician assistant in Monroe County case involving alleged failure to appropriately treat a crush injury to patient’s finger resulting in amputation. Counsel for the Plaintiffs withdrew after his clients essentially conceded that they were negligent in failing to seek timely treatment and were not truthful during deposition resulting in the dismissal of the case with prejudice
- Regularly assists major health systems in defending against claims ranging from complications at birth through adverse surgical outcomes
- Defends continuing care communities against claims involving allegations of resident neglect
- Has achieved in excess of a dozen dismissals of clients prior to trial via creative negotiations and/or motion practice
- Successfully defends major healthcare institutions at trial, arbitration, and mediation
- Five plus years of complex commercial and construction litigation prior to focusing her practice on medical malpractice
STAY IN TOUCH
Stay informed with firm updates, legal news, and industry resources sent directly to your inbox.
280 Granite Run Drive, Suite 300
Lancaster, PA 17601
Phone: (717) 556-1000
Fax: (717) 441-3810
4250 Crums Mill Road, Suite 201
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Phone: (717) 216-5505
Fax: (717) 547-1900
100 Deerfield Lane, Suite 240
Malvern, PA 19355
Phone: (484) 328-8500
Fax: (484) 713-52410