Information Privacy and Cybersecurity
Saxton & Stump’s Information Privacy and Cybersecurity team provides clients with timely and practical advice to help them protect their data, enhance operations and preserve value. Our experienced attorneys and consulting professionals provide representation, advice and support for all types of businesses across all industries with a unique focus on organizations in the healthcare and life sciences industries. The Data Privacy and Cybersecurity team is committed to developing proactive strategies that help minimize our clients’ risk and navigate the process of recovering from a data breach.
Data Privacy And Cybersecurity
Our team regularly provides advice and support to clients and their attorneys on data privacy and cybersecurity matters such as:
- Policies for collecting, handling and protecting sensitive data
- Data privacy and cybersecurity audits
- Security breach preparedness and response
- Data thefts
- Crisis management and media relations
Litigation And Investigations
- Privacy-related claims and disputes
- Class-action litigation defense
- Hold/destruction of evidence issues
- E-discovery and data mining
- Hotline reports, investigations and forensic analysis
Our attorneys advise clients on their rights and obligations under Federal and state law and provide counsel on various regulatory compliance issues including:
- Government or regulatory authority external investigations, audits and reviews
- Corporate compliance, information privacy and data security program development and implementation
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant contract and policy review
- Virtual Compliance Officer, Privacy Officer and/or Security Officer
Business Transaction Support
When a client proposes to participate in merger or acquisition, our Information Privacy and Cyber Security team works closely with the client and its legal counsel to provide transaction and deal support:
- Due diligence for privacy, data security and compliance matters
- Prepare and support compliance function programs during the transition period
- Draft and negotiate agreements related to confidentiality, privacy and residual rights
Access To A Full-service Team
When partnering with us, you partner with a team of lawyers and professionals who are recognized leaders in their fields. Saxton & Stump is a multi-disciplinary law firm, which allows our Information Privacy and Cybersecurity clients to leverage attorneys and consultants who are well-versed in their respective focus areas.
The Corporate Healthcare and Life Sciences team understands the industry-specific regulatory and organizational concerns faced by healthcare providers and provides a full range of legal services, including structuring transactions for mergers and acquisitions and compliance and regulatory matters.
Our Business and Corporate Law group can assist on general business matters, leadership succession planning, financing, governance documents and contract reviews. We also have a team of experienced mergers and acquisitions (M&A) attorneys who can assist with the negotiation of business transactions.
With a team of attorneys, physicians, nurses, a psychologist, a noted health policy expert and physician reimbursement specialists, our Risk Mitigation and Safety group focuses on helping healthcare clients to control liability risk and to enhance patient safety with the support of evidence-based analyses and nationally-recognized experts.
Led by Hon. Lawrence F. Stengel (Ret.), former Chief Judge for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Saxton & Stump’s Internal Investigations team conducts detailed, objective, and, when required, confidential investigations. Our attorneys are experienced in the areas of regulatory enforcement, HIPAA investigations and audits as well as business integrity, compliance and ethics.
Our strategic partner, Granite GRC Consulting offers tailored compliance and privacy advice, policies and programs, and cyber security assessments and solutions.
Information Privacy and Cybersecurity Professionals
For more information on Information Privacy and Cybersecurity
Contact Jeffrey B. Miller, Esq. at: 717.556.1088 or [email protected], or fill out the form below
The information that you enter in this form is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Please do NOT include confidential information in your response.
Stay In Touch
Stay informed with firm updates, legal news, and industry resources sent directly to your inbox.