Mergers & Acquisitions
When making critical decisions that impact the growth and future of your business, you need a trusted team of legal advisors and partners who understand your business, industry and strategic goals. Saxton & Stump’s M&A attorneys form a collaborative relationship with each client and take an individualized approach to each transaction. Our industry experience and knowledge enables us to provide comprehensive and creative advice and representation.
The primary focus of Saxton & Stump’s M&A attorneys is to provide guidance to and advance the business objectives of our clients through a smooth transaction that both benefits and protects them and their businesses. Experienced representing both for-profit and non-profit organizations, we carefully evaluate the dynamics and details of every deal and adeptly negotiate transactions that achieve maximum results and minimum risk for our clients allowing them to consistently progress and attain their business goals.
Saxton & Stump’s attorneys help clients navigate the complexities associated with a variety of transaction types including:
- Public and private mergers & acquisitions (buy-side and sell-side)
- Portfolio company investments and add-on acquisitions for private equity and venture capital funds
- Restructurings and reorganizations
- Divestitures, spin-offs and corporate carve-outs
- Joint ventures
- Leveraged buyouts
- Management buyouts
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
Our team is experienced in collaborating with interested parties throughout the transaction to ensure that favorable outcomes are achieved for key stakeholders:
- Buyers and sellers
- Public and private companies
- Family-owned businesses
- Executive management teams
- Boards and board committees
- Private equity firms and venture capital funds
- Investment bankers and financial advisors
- Banks and lenders
- Regulatory agencies
We advise clients in a wide array of industries, including healthcare and life sciences, commercial services, medical devices, senior care, software and technology, construction, manufacturing, real estate, social services, hospitality, arts, entertainment, recreation, and food and beverage.
ACCESS TO A FULL-SERVICE TEAM
Saxton & Stump is a multi-disciplinary law firm, which allows our M&A clients access to leverage attorneys and consultants who are well-versed in their respective focus areas:
Labor & Employment concerns are a critical part of virtually every transaction. We review employment agreements (including collective bargaining agreements) and develop management and employee retention programs; design severance packages and early retirement programs; and review or draft non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements.
Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation attorneys conduct benefits-related due diligence, negotiate and draft provisions of the purchase agreement and disclosure schedules and handle post-closing employee benefit and executive compensation plan agreements. In addition, the team can prepare resolutions to effectuate the purchase agreement terms between the parties as well as post-closing communications regarding employee benefits and executive compensation transition and implementation.
Intellectual Property is a key asset in many transactions. Our team is equipped to define, examine, assess, counsel and assist in addressing the strength, ownership, scope, validity, enforceability, continuing rights and obligations, and future potential of the intellectual property assets, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and confidential information. In addition, we can analyze freedom-to-operate considerations for the business after the merger or acquisition. Our intellectual property professionals can then distill the results of the analysis and propose appropriate agreement terms.
When Real Estate matters arise as part of a transaction, our attorneys assist in and provide counsel on property transfers; review and transfer of commercial leases; commercial lending, banking and finance matters; tax-related matters; and other complexities such as zoning, land use, and environmental law issues.
- Represented purchaser of excavation business.
- Represented owner-operator in the acquisition and financing of a nationally-franchised brand hotel.
- Represented purchaser of dental practice and related real estate.
- Represented seller of debt collection division of business.
- Represented owner-operator in the acquisition and governmental financing of a mobile home park and a franchised brand hotel.
- Represented seller-operator of high-end restaurant with liquor license.
- Assisted owner-operator in obtaining the commercial mortgage-backed security financing for a nationally-franchised brand hotel.
Mergers and Acquisitions PROFESSIONALS
The information that you enter in this form is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Please do NOT include confidential information in your response.
STAY IN TOUCH
Stay informed with firm updates, legal news, and industry resources sent directly to your inbox.