Labor and Employment LAW
Saxton & Stump’s Labor and Employment Group has extensive experience with a wide range of employment and business-related issues that employers face. We represent and counsel entities of all sizes and types including healthcare organizations, manufacturers, retailers, and service industry businesses.
Our Labor and Employment team represents clients in employment litigation before federal and state courts and administrative agencies including the Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, and the National Labor Relations Board. In addition, our lawyers have many years of experience representing clients in:
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation charges and litigation
- Wage and hour disputes, including collective and class action matters
- Litigation related to violations of trade secret, non-competition, and confidentiality obligations
- Labor grievances and collective bargaining
Our Labor and Employment Law team further provides compliance guidance with respect to all federal, state, and local employment and labor laws including:
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Act
- Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law
- Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Act
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- National Labor Relations Act
As a team, our mission involves risk management. Our counseling to clients focuses on the “proactive” steps that should be taken so that the “reactive” steps involving litigation are minimized. To that end, we counsel employers on best practices with respect to the interview, discipline, and termination process. We also assist with reviewing, revising, and drafting employment documents with the goal of mitigation claims.
Artfully drafted employee applications, handbooks, policies, and employment non-competition and severance agreements are key to insulating an employer from liability. We also provide on-site training to practice groups, human resource personnel, management, and business owners regarding compliance with all employment laws, internal investigations, social media issues, discipline, employee relations, and any other employment-related matter.
Class action litigation involves a substantial investment of company time and resources and exposure to liability can be significant. When defending class action lawsuits, our litigators take an aggressive approach to defend our clients’ interests both before and during the litigation process.
Non-Competition, Non-Solicitation, and Confidentiality Agreements
Our attorneys work with clients to draft Non-Competition, Non-Solicitation, and Confidentiality Agreements (“Restrictive Covenant Agreements”). These documents are essential for businesses to protect their work, products, and clients from being disclosed by former employees or used for their own purposes. Exposure of this information can undermine the significant and expensive investments that are critical to the success of your business.
Labor and Employment LAW PROFESSIONALS
- Richard L. Hackman, Esq., Chair
- Hon. Lawrence F. Stengel (Ret.)
- Ronald H. Pollock, Esq.
- Sarah K. Ivy, Esq.
- Brandon R. Conrad, Esq.
- Jeffrey C. Bright, Esq.
- Maureen Gimpel Maley, Esq.
- Stephen J. Fleury, Jr., Esq.
- Ashley Nichols Weber, Esq.
- Morgan S. Hays, Esq.
- Katy S. Landis, Esq.
- Kiandra D. Steffy, Esq.
- Melissa S. Funk
- Grace A. Shoemaker
- Nancy J. Pokopec
For more information on Labor and Employment Law
Contact Richard Hackman, Esq. at:
717.556.1006 or email@example.com,
or fill out the form below
The information that you enter in this form is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Please do NOT include confidential information in your response.
STAY IN TOUCH
Stay informed with firm updates, legal news, and industry resources sent directly to your inbox.